In Flight Travel Essentials
Hi everyone and welcome back! I’m getting so excited for my trips this summer, I can hardly wait! The weather has been brutal in Vancouver lately and it makes me want to get away from the city that much more. Today’s post is all about the essential items that I bring with me in my carry on to use during a flight. It’s so important for me to be comfortable and throughout my years of travelling, I’ve narrowed down a solid list of must have items. Here’s my list of in flight essentials!
- Travel docs – passport, ID, tickets, wallet etc. Pretty self explanatory. It’s also a good idea to carry a photo copy of your passport as well, just in case.
- Book or magazine – something to read! For when I don’t feel like watching TV or using my laptop etc.
- Toiletries: face wipes, tooth brush and tooth paste, hand sanitizer, hand cream, hair elastic, chap stick/lip balm – If I’m wearing makeup to the airport I always wash it off once I’m on the plane. There’s nothing worse to me than sitting for hours with makeup on. Sometimes on an evening flight, I like to put on a hydrating sheet/face mask (don’t judge!) and relax. My skin always feels rejuvenated when I land! My hands and lips can get really dry as well, so a good hand cream and lip balm are also a must.
- Warm socks – airplanes can be cold!
- Scarf or wrap – same as above. It can double as a blanket or a pillow.
- Tech: headphones, chargers, cell phone, laptop, IPOD or music
- Ear plugs – this is essential if if I want to sleep on the flight, or even just in case there’s a baby crying or loud talkers. I don’t really like to wear eye masks, but if you do, feel free to add to your list!
- Sunglasses – to conceal the no makeup situation to and from the airport 🙂
- Compact mirror
- Concealer – like I mentioned earlier, I don’t wear makeup on the plane. However, if a pimple or something crops up than I might apply a bit of concealer as the plane is about to land. Depending on what’s planned when I arrive, I sometimes bring a small makeup bag with the essentials (foundation, powder, bronzer, blush, mascara) and I’ll apply my makeup when the pilot announces that we’ve started our decent (30 minutes prior to landing). I’ll only put makeup on if I’m going somewhere straight after landing and I won’t be stopping at the hotel first. It also saves time to get ready on the plane.
- Water/tea bags/snacks – I like to buy a bottle or two of water at the airport after security and drink it throughout the flight to stay hydrated. I’ll also bring some of my favourite tea bags and ask the flight attendant for some hot water. Snacks or some kind of meal is a must also. I usually bring a sandwich and some fruit (apple, clementines) and some almonds.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this list helpful! Any questions or comments please feel free to let me know. 🙂 See you in my next post! xoxo Candice